My cold is still lingering. I slept for 10 hours last night, which must be helping.
I spent the day working on bikes again. It was nice to be outside in the sunshine faffing about, and I solved a few problems I was having on them. The summer bike got just about finished – I found a solution to the headset top cap problem I was having – expander wedges from an old set of unserviceable campagnolo bar-end shifters fitted in the top of the fork just fine. The bike got some (orange) bar tape and all it needs now is a neater seatpost, which is on it’s way – pictures to follow once it’s sorted. I took it for a spin up around the block, it’s going to be a great, great bike for next year, I’m really excited about it.
My winter training bike took shape too and I finished it off with carbon-fibre effect mudguards and some very un-wintery white bar tape. It’ll get 10-speed shifters and cassette soon.
I did a bit of work on some of the other bikes in the shed that needed odds and ends sorting out and advertised some left over components on eBay including my old Tifosi summer frame (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/oranj23), and now all I’ve got left to sort out is my trike, with some new tribars and so on. I think that the 2-wheel-drive I was going to get for it will have to wait. It costs £260 (http://www.trykit.com/), but I’ll have to save some money for a another car first.